Sunday, May 31, 2009

Someone has been naughty

A few days ago one of my credit cards was canceled, and my account was closed due to "inactivity". Indeed, I had not used that card for nine months, and those in the credit card company probably figured that I did not need it anyway.
That letter kinda reminded me of something that happened to my boss a while ago.

My boss had a lovely pet dog whom the entire family cherished. They loved her so much that they gave her an official name, I mean, the kind of name with first name, middle initial, and the family's last name. That name was also used for registration and medical purposes.
One evening after my boss returned home from work, he found in his mailbox a letter addressed to the dog. What's more amazing is that enclosed was a VISA card bearing the dog's name, and an official notice from the credit card company congratulating the dog on the approval of her application. My boss was so amused that he kept the letter and the card as a souvenir. He suspected that his twenty year old daughter was behind this hideous plot, because it was so easy to pick up a credit card application form in a college bookstore, and fill out all the information about herself, with a mere change of the first name. Of course, his daughter denied such ungrounded accusation.

I did not know whether or not anyone in my boss's family activated that card. If so, they did not need to pay attention to it anyway, because the account was probably going to be closed due to "inactivity".

14 comments:

  1. haha , active sofa!

    a funny story,hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, 太好玩了。第一张信用卡还是要申请的吧。所以,我觉得这是他们家有人开的玩笑。呵呵。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 回头我给我家挠挠也办一张卡。:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, so funny!

    I would like to know what really happened. Keep us updated:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny :-)
    love your 行云流水般的 English :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 老史,饼饼:能博你们一笑,我很开心呐。
    主编:我也觉得这是他们家人搞得鬼,可是这都两年过去了,还是无头案呢。

    ReplyDelete
  7. 歌儿: 那也行,每次你去买挠挠用的东西就刷这张卡好了。
    松:生活比戏剧还精彩呢。

    ReplyDelete
  8. 阿小泥:等我问问老板,再答复你啦 :-)
    晓静:谢夸谢夸 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha, funny!

    在新加坡没有 inactivity 这一说.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 幽默的小故事。
    生活中这些不经意的小故事,被红茶妙笔几挥,就便成一段幽默小文了,惹我们一笑的同时,给我们单调的时间添了点颜色。谢谢分享。:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. PP:

    原先美国也没这事儿的,我曾经有一张卡一年都没动过。估计是经济危机之后,他们加强了对信用卡的管理。

    ReplyDelete
  12. 一霖:

    呵呵,谢夸谢夸。
    这种好玩儿的故事也不是每天都有的,所以得趁我忘掉之前把它记下来 :-)

    ReplyDelete